Today’s post is all about snap shots from our vacation. We got home yesterday…and now we’re just relaxing and unpacking. We kept our vacation really simple…outdoorsy-foodie-swim-relax-family kinda vacation. Here are my 10 most fave moments. Be prepared for some serious photo spam. :)
1. Time to be (and plenty of kisses).
2. Swimming (teaching my soon 6-year-old son how to and assure my almost 3-year-old for gazillion time that…no there are no crabs in the water).
3. Ice cream
I’m oddly picky when it comes to ice cream….I only like fruit flavors…sorbets (and sometimes chocolate). I can’t do what every normal parent does when their kid can’t finish their huge ice cream….because I just don’t like their choice of ice cream. I had mango ice cream…my son had gigantic one with pistachio-chocolate flavors….which he couldn’t finish.
Note to myself….next time buy him a smaller one.
4. Homemade ice-cold pickles.
Hands down the best snack on earth. I’m willing to give up many foods for these ones…..even sweets and cheesecake.
5. Local bookstores
When I get enough of the heat outside…I love hanging around at local bookstores.
6. Share yum food with family & friends.
Grilled fish with tomatoes. I’m not over exaggerating if I say…the best meal of this year.
7. Drink chilling cold soda.
This is my favorite childhood soda. We used to drink it after sauna. It’s sooo good.
I did that a lot. I couldn’t run…but I got most out of a local playground.
9. Have evening tea (they had coffee) with the WISE women in my family.
10. Chillax & view life with fresh pair of eyes.
That’s what I love about vacations…..to step few steps away from everyday, chill and reevaluate. I got back home with renewed energy and I realize how great my life is.
Tell me….. :)
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
What are some of your fave activities during your summer vacation?